Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

A few new favourites just in time for the long weekend

Hope your all having an awesome long weekend. 

Warning, I've gone cray cray with the pictures... some I have taken back from Instagram, so sorry for the repeat! 

I noticed while perusing adore beauty that they are now stocking CND Vinylux. CND are the makers of Shellac which most of us love for its long wear and glossy finish, so when I stumbled across Vinylux I was intrigued. 

Basically the polish claims to be 7 days chip free - with the same glossy finish as shellac. Application is easy, two thin coats of the weekly polish followed by a final clear top coat layer - this process does not need the use of lamps, and the drying time between each coat is very quick. ( The longest dry time is after applying the top coat roughly around 7 mins). The polish reacts to natural light which makes the polish more durable. 


I had to have this baby pink called cake pop (gee fancy me choosing a pink ..)

For me the key to this polish is application, if you don't apply your top coat properly making the base colour exposed, it will still be inclined to chip (which happened to my pointers). I have since reapplied the polish and looks a million dollars. Granted the glossy claims could be over the top (nothing tops the glossiness of freshly done shellac) but it definitely does dry really quickly , and is awesome for a DIY kit. 

I bought both the weekly polish and top coat from adorebeauty for $19.95 each - they now have free shipping in Australia which is a good incentive if you want to give it a whirl. 

I have been looking for an excuse to get this Nebula Choker from Mimco, and as I was going out on Saturday night, and still having a gift card from my birthday, I thought I'd finally get it. 


$149 later... but I seriously do love it!

Pani and I decided to escape Gtown again, and we took a punt on a Wotif mystery deal. We were happy to find out it ended up being the Grand Hyatt which was within walking distance of most of the night spots we like to frequent :P

We walked into our apartment only to be greeted with this awesome view of Melbourne. 


Not bad for a wotif deal! 

We did venture to Spice Market and thought we'd get into the cocktails. Our first choice was some form of peachy deliciousness - I have no idea what was in there but it was good! I drank it so fast, that I was ready for another. So we decided on some coconut white chocoloate liquor thingy. BIG MISTAKE - was AWFUL! 
We decided to cut our losses with Spice Market and we ventured to Fashion Lounge. Awkward, we walked in for free, but I think it was rather humorous for security knowing what we were walking into... a night of boringness. We left quick smart, and ended up at Long Room. Pani was happy as she had never been before... all was good until the coconut cocktail came to cause me havock. Good times.. NOT! 
The music was alright, but I wasn't feeling the whole lets remix California Love into some sort of housey version. 

Meanwhile this morning when we got up, we decided to venture to this awesome cafe at the GPO building. I'm pretty sure I've blogged about it before, but the food is super yummy. 



We did venture through the city for a bit, basically me being a stalker for the glossiest and shimmery lip gloss I can find ... So far I'm loving the Lip Enhancing Gloss by Smashbox. I will have to venture to the shops tomorrow to suss it out. 

Anywho I made Pani drive to True Blue Shoes in Brunswick as I was after some flats for work. I was pretty disappointed - there wasn't much to choose from. Its always a risk going there, sometimes awesome, sometimes sucky.. this time obviously the latter. 

Right next door is this awesome typically brunswick cafe I always walk past but never stop in. I'm pretty sure its called the Green Refectory... 



It has its own hippie vibe going.... 


This lemon tart was seriously awesome. 

Actually all the food looked delish... I'm sensing if your a local you'd be a regular! 

Finally for some Saturday night selfies....


I bought this dress from Portmans on Friday night. 12 hours later it was 30% off.. 


I had to take this at home tonight to show you the dress. I really like it, its different and I wasn't sporting the signature black melbourne look. 


This is me trying to take a picture of the back of my dress.... it has a big cut out on the back. I'm giggling because I cannot even point my camera in the right direction to show you...  But you can check out the dress here..... and unlike me you can score it for 30% off - the offer looks like it ends on Monday night though. 

Hope your having a great relaxing long weekend. Nothing beats not having to get up to an obnoxious alarm clock tomorrow... yipeeeeee! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment