Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

The week that was

Well prowlers, 


I passed my exam! Yippeeee! 



I can't begin to explain what a relief it feels, knowing all the effort I put in. I am the kind of person who has to work their ass off to get through exams, so I'm pretty proud of myself.I have two exams left to get my CPA status - and the thought of getting through the work is daunting, but I feel like I want to give a good crack before the end of the year. Then start a fresh next year with no study on my back.... (ahhh I'm already looking to next year.. one step at a time Kitty)! 



Meanwhile on the work front things have been interesting to say the least. My good buddy, who I sit next to everyday decided to call it a day.. and he finished up on Friday. Honestly it will be good for him, but at the same time, I'm really sad. Probably for my own selfish reasons. We banter all the time, and as much as he can drive me insaine, I will miss having someone that always has my back. Obviously we will remain friends, but I know it won't be the same at work... that said I do work with some awesome people so its not like its the end of the world. Just will take some time to get used to. 

I have had good friends leave work before and I always get emotional about it. I think I know its because the friendship will never be the same. When a colleuge / friend moves on, do you to get the waterworks?


Talking about crying, the feminist at work says showing my emotions at work i.e. crying means I won't move up the corporate ladder. She makes me laugh, but I wonder if she has a point.



Friday we had the final farewell for my workbuddy followed by a games night with the work social club. We were all split into teams, ours being named Kitty's litter haha... (well I find it funny/funny-lame even if you don't :P ) We bet our arch nemesis mwahahaha ..but I can honestly say the games did not interest me in the slightest, but the drinking sure did haha. After the games I got changed into my party dress, and we strutted to Charlie's Bar along Hardware Lane. I had never been there before, probably a good place to start the night with a few drinks .. and yum cocktails. Unfortunately I piked it early just after 9... I knew I had to take the train home and I didn't want to be stonkered and on the train at midnight. Scary and stupid... so probably made the right decision -- I really have to stay in the city for these drinking events. Was a fun night though! 


The rest of the weekend was pretty slow for me... My brother came down to visit. And I did manage to hit the shops, but left empty handed apart from Hair products and the MAC Lipgloss. Its not as glitterly as I would of liked... there are a couple more glosses I want to waste my money on... I think I will just have to succumb to the temptation to find a new favourite - Smashbox, Dior and Chanel are on the list of must tries. I did order my ever reliable Racy Raspberry super Lustrous Revlon lipgloss today, so hopefully that comes soon. I can hardly remember the gloss on ... hope its as good as I have hyped it up to be in my head haha 


MAC Lustreglass = $35


This picture shows you nothing except up my nose and that its kinda glossy... 

I have booked a hair cut and colour for next week... my ends feel a bit on the dodgy side, and my hair is kinda looking top heavy. I am impressed at how long its grown... that I am happy about! 


Ahhh I love a slefie hahaha 

2 comments: