Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

A change is as good as a holiday...

I have had a busy start to 2013... I made a quick decision to move out of my apartment, and I am coming to you live from my old room in Gtown! I actually am pretty happy with how my room is looking...  although there are boxes everywhere and finding clothes is a nightmare. I hope that being at home I'll be safely away from any studying distractions which is a big problemo for me... we'll see how I go this semester! 

So the weekend has literally been the big move, and let me tell you, my calves hurt so bad from 3 flights of stairs at my apartment. This is a terrible downside about moving in and out of an apartment (although probably a great work out). My packing was terrible, and I ended up stuffing things in any box I could find - which I'm paying the price for now. I have boxes of useless stuff here, but things I use everyday in storage. Note to self, don't underestimate packing time again! Honestly right now I feel like I'm just here for a few days - almost a holiday, I think in a few weeks I will realise that I no longer have my apartment... I just hope that I don't regret the decision! I will miss having my friends so close.. that will probably be the hard part. But I guess once I'm in a routine all will be okay.

I have managed to fit in a little bit of shopping though... especially because I love sale time during January, I always pick up things I've been eyeing off for ages, waiting to pounce when its discounted to the max. 

I bought this gorgeous dress from Witchery. I've had my eye on it for ages, but honestly I didn't want to buy it full price. I picked it up for $149.95 which was a $100 saving. Yipee! 

And finally I got the peep toes (style - Miss Soho) I've had my eye on. Originally $199.95 down to $99.95 -- I was rapt to find these online. 


Can't wait to wear these lil babies with the dress, I feel they are a great combo. 

Mimco has also been drawing me in of late, but I'm holding back. I actually am after some cute flat shoes for running around in. I like to strut around in heals at work, but racing from the train to tram etc calls for more appropriate footwear... I hate how the tip of the heal wears down so easily if you 'off road' your shoes even a tad. 

I'm pretty excited, it will be Mez's baby shower coming up soon. I have some gift ideas, but I can't stop looking at these adorable chairs. 


These are from Provincial Home Living ... I adore that store. 
I can't believe the baby will be here soon! I can't wait to meet her! 

I just realised I have never even posted about new year... I shall do that soon! And if your from Geelong... where do people actually go out when your over the age of 25? .... 

10 comments:

  1. Packing is a nightmare I always try to lable things as clearly as possble but it never works out that way hahah.

    That dress is gorgeous and the heels will go perfectly with it! Post a photo of you wearing both x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah usually I am obsessed with sticky labels but time got the better of me boo!

      I'll def post when I wear it out sometime :)

      Delete
  2. Look. I love the chair.

    The baby cannot wait to meet you either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that chair is awesome, just need to hunt that lil bad boy down!

      Delete
  3. The chair is really nice and I love the dress/heels combo. Miss Soho are the best, I have them in black too and love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks!!!

      Yeah they are the cutest shoes, but I've been wearing them in at work as they are really hurting the back of my foot. (Yes Mez I know you warned me ha ha)

      Delete
  4. I have been missing but alas I am back ! I ADOREEEEEEEEEEE the dress ! I Adore the shoes - I had them but I sold them on ebay as I thought they hurt me too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks soph! everyone is saying that about miss soho's! I understand why now, I wore them for two hours and already my feet hurt.. What the?! I thought peep toe were supposed to be comfy!

      Delete
  5. Love that green dress! Just gorgeous :) As for where to go in Geelong when you're over 25 - Melbourne! All the clubs around here are full of just-turned-18's

    Jassie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jassie,

      Thanks about the dress! Can't wait to wear it out!

      Haha turns out you are not the first (and I suspect nor the last) to say drive up the highway and not even bother with Geelong nightlife.

      Delete